1. Pick the location for your line.
• Move the Drawing Pad (use ), but keep the point (0,0) visible.
2. Pick a point A on y-axis and B on x-axis.
• Click on the Point icon.
• Click on any grid point on the y-axis - not (0,0).
• Click on any grid point on the x-axis - not (0,0).
• Write down the coordinates of A and B.
3. Check the coordinates.
4. Draw the line.
5. Find the equation of your line: y=mx+b
6. Check your answer!
• Type m (slope) in the box below as as a fraction a/b or as a decimal rounded to 2 decimals.
• Then click on Check Slope.
Slope m is:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
• Type b (intercept) in the box below.
• Then click on Check Intercept.
The y-intercept b is:
• Click on Reset in top right corner to start over.
LFS , Created with GeoGebra